Saturday, December 20, 2008

Go Dairy Free

If you haven't yet heard about this book, you've got to check it out. I was blown away with all of the fantastic information, recipes and resources that are listed between it's covers. The author is Alisa Fleming (from godairyfree.org), and she has definitely succeeded at publishing an amazing compilation of great recipes, from homemade non-dairy cheeses and milks to breakfasts, brunch, smoothies, drinks, dips, puddings, soups, side dishes, salads, sauces, breads and decadent desserts. I think all of the 225 recipes are vegan, with the exception of two (which give vegan substitutions).

In addition to all of the recipes (many contributed by vegan cookbook authors and bloggers such as Bryanna Clark Grogan, Hannah Kaminsky, The Urban Housewife, myself and many others), Alisa also shares detailed information on grocery shopping, calcium-rich foods, health, everyday living (from skincare to supplements) and allergy and vegan-friendly resources.

So if you're looking for a great book to give for the holidays, look no further. You can check it out on Amazon here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I asked for this book for christmas!!

BitterSweet said...

I was really impressed with this book as well... and I'm not just saying that because I contributed to it! ;)

Alisa said...

Thanks so much Julie, I am really glad you liked it!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Go Julie! I didn't know you had a recipe in there - I'm going to check it out when I can~ I wonder if it's at Herbivore or Food Fight?

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

I'm always looking for a great book & all the reasons you gave blow away the holiday excuse! Thanks for the tip, Julie. :)

Lindsay I-F said...

NEW POSTS STARTING IN 2009 on my new and improved blog:
http://cookingforaveganlover.wordpress.com/
until then please visit:
http://cookingforaveganlover.blogspot.com