Thursday, May 17, 2007

Fresh-Baked Cinnamon Rolls


Although I'm in the kitchen cooking all the time, I don't always have time to bake for fun. I love my job, but every now and then it's fun to bake something special that has nothing to do with work. Case in point...these home-baked cinnamon rolls. And yes, they're vegan too.

My son has this thing for cinnamon rolls, and he nags me regularly to make them. Of course, he has a few rules too -absolutely no raisins or nuts! I decided to oblige him and bake up a batch. I adapted a recipe of Bryanna Clark Grogan's for her awesome Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls (the recipe's in her subscription newsletter). I was out of pumpkin for the filling , so I rolled them up with some softened Earth Balance, brown sugar and lots of cinnamon. The icing on top is powdered sugar, vanilla and a little soy milk. These were absolutely delish, and my son was one happy camper.

Happy Baking!

8 comments:

Carrie™ said...

Like your son, I have an incredible weakness for cinnamon rolls. I'm drooling at that photo because they look soooooo good! Now, unlike your son, I welcome raisins and/or nuts. Or just plain. I'm not fussy. The only thing I don't like it a ton of icing. Yours look just right. WOW!

scottishvegan said...

Mmmm...they look lovely! And I bet they smell awesome too!

julie hasson said...

Thanks Carrie & Scottish Vegan! Actually, they were yummy and I wish we had more.

I think I'll bake some whole grain bread next.

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Looking at this pretty photo, I see why your son has a thing for cinnamon rolls -- they look absolutely perfect! Wish I could have one. :o)

Urban Vegan said...

Now THAT'S a reason to get out of bed.

Johanna3 said...

they looks so good!

Thad Guy said...

Those cinnamon rolls look amazing! I wouldn't have thought to use soy milk in the iceing. Quite nice.

Somewhat relateing to such amazing cinnamon rolls, here is a quick comic about the intersection of political demonstrations and cinnamon rolls.

http://www.thadguy.com/comic/cinnamon-rolls/120/

uwanna said...

gucci replica handbags
men gucci shoes
Gucci men sneakers
Gucci men moccasins
gucci women sneakers
gucci women boots
Gucci men boots
Gucci
Gucci shop
Gucci bags
Gucci shoes
Replica GUCCI SHOES
wholesale gucci shoes
cheap Gucci handbags
Gucci ON sale
Gucci Belts
Gucci small accessories
Gucci hats & scarves
Gucci wallets
Gucci Handbags
Women Gucci shoes
Men Gucci shoes
discount gucci shoes
cheap Gucci shoes