Monday, June 16, 2008

Pizza On The Barbie

If you're looking for something to make for dinner that's delicious and doesn't require the oven, check out the new BBQ'd pizza segment on Everyday Dish. This is a no-fail pizza dough, very simple to make (in a mixer or food processor or even by hand). You can also make the dough several days ahead, just make sure to let it rise for 1 hour, before placing in a large covered bucket/bowl or gallon zip-top bag and refrigerating. I wish I had a picture for you, but I didn't think of it until after we had gobbled up the entire pizza. Yeah, grilled pizza is that good!


I know that I can't end this post without mentioning the vegan whipped cream too. So here goes. The recipe still needs some additional work before I can share it. It's really important to me that my recipes are bullet proof and easy to make, which can take some doing. This is a tricky recipe. I also started thinking that since we're spending so much time on it, why not come up with other yummy sweet recipes too. Bryanna and I thought that it would be fun to put together a small e-book of summer desserts. Well actually two books. We're both going to do one so that everyone has LOTS of delicious desserts for summer. My goal is to do this as soon as possible, because the season is just about here, along with lots of glorious summer fruit. I will keep everyone posted. Promise!

6 comments:

Animal-Friendly said...

The pizza dough sounds like a great idea for summer! It seems only right to use the grill for pizza in the summer.

While I want to see the recipe for your vegan whipped cream more than anything, I understand and admire you wanting it to be perfect. That doesn't mean I won't be keeping an eye out for it, though!

Sheree' said...

I can't wait for the e-books. I want to see this whip cream in my kitchen:o). Thank you and Bryanna so much for working so hard at making everyones vegan lives so tasty! Now off to see the BBQ pizza.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Mmm, that pizza was GOOD!

MeganFabulous said...

Checking your blog this morning made all of my dreams come true!!!

Shellyfish said...

Pizza & whipped cream...life is good!

Joni Marie Newman said...

i love e books...i can't wait! it's already topping 100 here so some yummy summer treats are certainly in order.