Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy New Year

It's so nice to be back blogging. Sorry for the vacation, but it was actually just that. I really don't take much time off work to play, so it felt really good to just hang out with the kids during their winter break.

The kids went back to school yesterday, so I was up bright and early making breakfast and jumping back into our routine. After the kids left for school, I quickly cleaned the kitchen and prepped for a cooking segment that we filmed for a TV show called "Better". The segment was on "Superfoods" for the new year. We made a couple of quick recipes, and one of them was a hemp vinaigrette (the picture above). This dressing was so good! I'll post the recipe in a couple of days, as you've got to try it! Hemp oil has a nice, nutty flavor and is full of those wonderful omega 3 fats that we all need.

Oh, and before I forget, we filmed the sausage segment today and will try and get it up on the everyday dish website tomorrow. I'm so excited and hope that you enjoy the sausages as much as we do.

Until then...happy cooking!

1 comment:

MeloMeals said...

I'm glad you got some down time to enjoy your kids.

Happy New Year!

I look forward to the sausage video..

I've had hempseeds, but never hemp oil.