Monday, January 28, 2008

The Kitchen Makeover

The kitchen isn't done yet, but I thought that I would post some pictures from the past week. I forgot to take a before pic, but you can always look at one of the Everyday Dish segments.

It looks like we have another two days or so left. So far, Jay has ripped out the old back-splash (granite tiles) and installed a new one (Wainscoat, which he painted white). We then (yes, I'm actually painting too) painted the ceiling, primed all of the cabinets, painted the walls, applied two coats of paint to the cabinets and a few other assorted things. We still have to paint the cabinets with another coat tomorrow and do some touch up, then everything can be put back together. I can't even begin to tell you how much I'm ready for a fully functioning kitchen!

I thought that I would spare everyone the living room picture. My living room is packed with all of the stuff from the kitchen, which we had to take out to paint.

I haven't really cooked too much over the past week, though I have made a few quick soups/stews in the pressure cooker. At this point, I would kill for a salad or some fresh greens!

I have to say that I LOVE the way the kitchen is shaping up! The walls are white, the ceiling the same gorgeous shade of light green as the new cabinets that Jay built, and the kitchen cabinets are a luscious light yellow. I've been calling it lemon chiffon, but I always give everything a food name. Whatever the names of the colors, they look beautiful and the kitchen is so light and bright. I love it!

As soon as the kitchen is finished, I promise to post more pics. Until then, I hope that everyone is having a great week and cooking lots of awesome meals.

Julie



6 comments:

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ooh, SO exciting! I would love a kitchen makeover!

MeloMeals said...

I loved your kitchen before and can't wait to see it when it's done!

Good luck with the rest of the renovations..

MeganFabulous said...

You have my dream oven...

joanna said...

whoa! things are crazy over there.

come to my house, i'll make you a salad.

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Julie! Jay!

Whoa!


: )

Sheree' said...

Wow! Your kitchen is really coming together! Cooking is going to be so much fun in your new kitchen!