Monday, August 25, 2008

Instant Clearjel

It's here! My new favorite thickener for cooking. I love this stuff, because unlike cornstarch, arrowroot or tapioca starch, you don't have to cook it. It's instant! When it comes to thickening puddings, sauces, making vegan cheeze, ice cream, homemade vegan mayo, freezer jam, soy yogurt and a million other things, this stuff is the bomb baby. Really. I've also heard that you can add 1 tsp. ICJ per cup of flour to cookie batters, resulting in softer, chewier and thicker, bakery-style cookies.

We've added it to the marketplace on the Everyday Dish site. The link is here. We'll hopefully be adding a few more, hard-to-find (yet-o-so-cool) ingredients soon. I've also been working on recipes using the Instant Clearjel, which we'll be filming shortly. That way you'll have an aresnal of recipes, and wonder how you ever lived without this stuff.

9 comments:

Veronica said...

I'm excited to see your varieties of use for this; the ClearJel looks like it would really go a long way.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

The only thing I'm wonder about is the fact that its A GMO product.

Danieal

Joni Marie Newman said...

omigoodness! i just ordered this from your shop...it looks amazing. and while i was in your shop, i saw that the pie book is now available! yippee! i ordered that too :)

Steffi said...

sounds great! *lol* from the picture I first thought you'd be advertising some household cleaner.

Jennifer said...

Awesome. I just placed my order. Thanks!

allularpunk said...

another really cool vegan product i heard of recently is VersaWhip. ever heard of it? it's pretty cool. i think you use it to make things like meringues and whipped 'cream'. sounded interesting.

JohnP said...

Very glad to know that you are carrying this now! When I use up my bag from King Arthur, I will be ordering from you - and I look forward to your ideas and recipes.

Bobbi said...

I'm waiting til we move to order this (and your pie book) and the suspense is killing me!