Monday, August 11, 2008

Soymilk, Part 2

I've been playing around with soymilk recipes again, and had to share this one. It was really good! A combo of soaked soybeans, jasmine rice and rolled oats. A delicious and creamy milk!

One of the reasons that I've been experimenting is because I've been playing around with a fun new machine. It's the brand-new Soy Quick 930P, which has been redesigned without a filter cup. I love it! It's really easy to clean and makes fantastic non-dairy milks. This machine also makes exceptional rice and grain milks too. In fact, we love it so much, that we now carry it on the market page at Everyday Dish.

I'll keep experimenting, and if anyone is interested in a recipe I would be happy to share. It's so fun to be able to make healthy milks at home, for a fraction of the cost of store bought. Plus you can customize them any way you please, which is always a benefit in my book. I also love that there's no packaging to throw away. I simply re-fill my glass jars with the homemade milk and I'm ready to go.

I'd love to hear what everyone is cooking up in their kitchens this summer.

Julie

7 comments:

Lily Girl said...

Thanks for the review, I've been looking at soymilk makers and appreciate your take on this new model (a lot of the reviews I've found are fairly dated).

Brooke said...

I would LOVE the recipe! I currently use the SoyaPower. I'd like to experiment with your combo!

Carol Perryman said...

I use a Soyabella, but would love your recipe!

What I've been up to: stockpiling some quick meal components (your wonderful sausages*, Vegan Dad's burgers, spaghetti sauce, things like that) in the freezer, in anticipation of the start of the school year.

*I do a variation with chipotle, sundried tomato, sweet potato, and garlic. We prefer these rather small (hotdog size) for ease of use, and have had them on pizza, as well as quick lunches, etc.

Anonymous said...

I'd love the recipe too. I am also using the SoyaPower. It's a great machine, but the cleanup is tedious. Is this new machine really so much easier to clean? we make soymilk everyday.

Karla said...

i've been making....almost nothing. most days i just come home from work and barely want to make dinner. i end up just sauteing whatever's in the fride and cooking a pasta or grain, hot sauce and better than sour cream on top.
and your former mixer is sitting in the living room waiting to be placed something in the kitchen... :o)

Anonymous said...

I am so wishing I had a soy milk maker right now. I think it's probably going to be my next big splurge. I am tired of all the additives to soy milk (especially all of the sugar because it seems to unecessary).

Unknown said...

I just bought the soyquick, and would like to have your recipe. Thanks!